My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Ups & Downs of TTC

OH, what a Roller coaster Ride it is when TTC!  Sometimes charting can be overwhelming, it's not the charting itself that's overwhelming it's the knowledge that one can acquire from charting.  You know the saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you", what a double-edged sword that is, yes, it can hurt to know, but not knowing can be just as damaging.  I love charting and would recommend it to any woman, the wealth of information that a woman can gather about her body is empowering, BUT it can turn into quite an obsession if you're not careful.  You can begin to obsess over every temp, every rise, every dip, when you REALLY O'ed, the number of cycle days, the number of luteal phase days, on and on and on...And then, the more charted cycles you have under your belt the more you drive yourself nuts wondering why this one doesn't look like that one, and why that temp did that on that day and this temp did this on this day...Get the picture?  Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying charting and all the madness that comes with, but it's not for the faint or anxious at heart.
Take for instance take my temp this morning, remember how happy I was yesterday to get my temp rise?  Well, this morning I had a temp drop! YYYEEAAHH.... Talk about throwing a monkey wrench in your day, and before you even get out of the bed too!  Then starts the "Whys", that can never be answered.  After, a day of searching and reading (thanks to my morning surprise) I've now come to the understanding of something called the "Fall-back Rise", this is a typical occurrence for women, especially on the 2ndDPO.  So, I've decided to wait til taking my temp tomorrow morning before I officially freak out.  If all goes according to plan my temp WILL Rise and continue to stay elevated (past 97, at least) for the remainder of my LP.  If by some act of the devil, it continues to tease me by going up and down, I will have to unfortunately assume my cycle is Annvolutory, a fancy word for "You didn't O, girl!"  And the cycle will be meaningless, I mean infertile, and that's the last thing I want to be right now!  So, today I have been white-knuckling the bar of the roller coaster on its little dip and tomorrow, fingers crossed, I will be making my slow and relaxing ride up as I hope to goodness there are no loop-dy loops ahead!!!  Ahhhhhh!!!  This is all for you, Rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment