My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Still Pregnant!

Hahaha...it still doesn't seem real!  Yesterday I went to the Lab to get my blood drawn for my doctor and am expecting to hear back from her office today.  She may want me to go back tomorrow morning and give a second sample to make sure my levels are doubling properly.  I have a really good feeling this time and believe with all my heart...this pregnancy will go along perfectly.  I was surprised to get a call from her nurse, Shelia, yesterday afternoon.  She was calling to ask me for my pharmacy info, so she could call me in some Progesterone.  I told her I thought Dr. Allison was going to wait until after she saw my blood results, but she said, No, she just wanted me to go give the sample first, that she was going to call me in some anyway because of my past history, I'm guessing she was referring to my losses.  I was really happy to hear that I could start taking the Prometrium right away, it just reassures me to know that I'm helping my Progest. stay high throughout these fragile, early weeks.  Shelia warned me they may make me feel "yucky", in which I quickly asked what she meant by that.  She said they may make me a little nauseous or give me a headache.  I stopped by CVS later that evening to pick them up and was shocked to hear the price was $280!!  And that's for just a 30 day supply!  After the pharm. tech saw the "deer in the headlights" look on my face, she said she could give me half and discount the price.  I thought that was a good idea, seeing that I should be getting renewed for my Medicaid any day now, then I can just go pick up the other half later.  So, I paid $125...whew..still a nice chunk of change, but I will be getting that re-reimbursed eventually, so it's all good.  I took my first one last night and the only side effect I noticed was it made me really sleepy, which I've heard from other girls it did to them too.  I can handle that!  It might be a little more difficult to handle during the day, when I need to stay awake, but I won't complain about one thing during this pregnancy, especially since it will mean I get my little bundle of joy at the end. 
It's only been 2 days since I received the good news and I'm already wanting to tell Scott so bad!  But, I'm really going to have to try to keep my secret hidden, for a while longer.  I just hope he doesn't get mad at me for not telling him right away and he'll understand my reasoning. 
Will update later when I hear back from my doctor....

No comments:

Post a Comment