My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Baby Shower!!

After months of preparing..it finally arrived and it was WONDERFUL!  The theme was yellow ducks with splashes of teal and white and was held in a local hotel banquet room, which was decorated accordingly, with ducks (of course), balloons, confetti, round tables draped in white linen, floating candles, favors, gifts, games, lots of delicious food and more!  It really was my daydreams come true.
I'd gathered and ordered online all that I could and waited til the weekend of, when my mom would be in town, to load up on the rest of my needed materials and goods.  The boys and I picked her up from the airport on Thursday, and after a yummy Olive Garden lunch, wasted no time in hitting the stores!  The first stop was Macy's to pick out the outfit for the big day, then on to many more stops, including: Target, Party City, Michaels, JC Penney's, and lastly a much needed trip to Sunny's for a Snoball!  Day One quickly concluded with some very exhausted people.  Friday was a day of more fun and shopping.  We started at Cafe Dumond for beingets and cafe au laits, then on to the spa for a pedicure for me and manicure for mom, next we each got a spray tan to give ourselves some fresh color and bronzy glow.  After dropping the boys off at home, off we went again for more shopping and a visit to the hotel to make sure everything was being set up properly.  We did have to do a little rearranging, but not much.  Later on that evening my sister arrived and my sister-in-law and niece.  We ordered pizza, ate, then headed back to the hotel to begin set up.  Thankfully, we had a very obliging maintenance man, named Dave, who was able to help us hang our pretty little "fluffy balls" from the ceiling, above each table. :-)  Then we headed on to WalMart for food/drink supplies.  Friday was a long night, I don't think anyone got much sleep.  Saturday (the Big Day), was filled with food prep, and still, more shopping!  My mom purchased me a lovely wrist corsage, blue and white ribbon with little white roses (wish they could've lasted forever).  We picked up my adorable ducky cupcakes from the bakery (see above pic), I was so happy with the way they came out...so CUTE!  We had a little trouble finding the right color balloons, but ended up finding what we needed.  Finally, the shopping was complete and  it was time to get ourselves ready.  We arrived at the hotel around 3:30pm and quickly went to work setting up the remaining items and food tables, by 5pm (Party Time), we were ready to greet our guests.  I was able to take some great shots of all our hard work before the guests arrived...
My floating ducky/candle centerpieces
My sweet (and salty :-) party favors

The room all decorated and ready...simple and elegant

Our beautiful buffet of goodies....
 ...which included a blue punch with floating ducks...
 ...and two gorgeous arrangements of fruit and veggies-supplied by my sister....
 

I had a wonderful turn out, about 25 guests, which was the best part of my shower...seeing and visiting with everyone while we celebrated my lil peanut. We actually had 4 preggos there (myself included) and two babies!!  Everyone enjoyed the food and made lots of sweet comments about how cute everything looked, especially the cupcakes, and how beautiful I looked.  I did feel beautiful, exhausted, but overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness.  I couldn't have pulled it all off without so many who stepped up to help.  I was so thrilled to have all of my dearest family and friends around me. 
Me with my dear hubby, sitting in my special chair my mom created for me.
Preggo posing

Me with my two biggest helpers, my sister and my mom

My beautiful babies and niece


I received lots of great gifts, most from my Registry, which will be a great help, and also some gifts cards, so I can go and grab whatever else I need.
One of my fave gifts!

We ate, we visited, we played games: A guess how much the baby items cost game, A guess how many diaper are in the container game, and a Thank You card envelope drawing. 
After waiting for so long for this day, those two fun-filled hours passed by way too quickly.  But, all the preparation and anticipation was well worth it!  I'll hold the memories of this special event in my heart forever.  Now I can't wait to use all my great gifts when I welcome Jett into the world...very soon! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment