My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 16, 2012

27 weeks TODAY!

One more week of the 2nd Trimester to go....



I can't believe my long awaited for pregnancy is nearing the end... I'm going to miss being pregnant, there's nothing like it!  But, I'm so looking to having my little man in my arms.  I have a feeling life is about to get a little more uncomfortable for me and him as the growth continues, but we'll handle it together just fine. :-) 
Met with his Pediatricians today!  It is a Group of three women dr's, they have an office in Metairie (where I will be delivering) & in LaPlace where I live (which will be convenient later on).  I was able to meet and greet with two of them, so far Dr. Dupre is my fave, she's young (younger than me I do believe), but very sweet and easygoing.  I will be praying she is the one I see in the hospital.  Dr. Michel was okay, nice, but kinda had an attitude about me being Non-Vax...but, oh well, she'll have to get over it.  Dr. Lawrence was not in the office, so I was unable to meet her, but I've heard from friends who've met with her she's super nice, so that makes me feel comfortable with her already.  I'm relieved I have another thing check marked off my list of Things To Do now.  Everything is eventually coming together like I knew it would.  Up next, my SHOWER!  Only about a month away and still lots to do, but I know it too will come together in the end...so no worries. The fam and I will be going Sunday to finish up my Registry at Babies R Us.
Monday we get to see Jett again.. YAY!  Then, we're going to purchase our new Lazy Boy Rocker/Recliner...ahhh..that will be so nice, to cuddle with Jett in!  Baby boy has been moving all around.  So thankful, we're both doing so well!

Here's what's going on with Jett this week:

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment