My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Prenatal Visit

My 3rd Prenatal visit went well today, short and sweet.  I had my vitals checked, urine sample, blood draw (to check my antibody level), and was able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler.  A beautiful rate of 165 bpm.  The nurse even commented, "Ooo, it's racing" (referring to the rate).  They gave me a form to look over for next time, it's for a blood screening test where they check the baby for abnormalities such as downs, spinabifida, etc.  The test is optional and the results are not always accurate, they can give false positives or negatives, which I don't like.  I'm thinking I will forego this test, because I don't feel it's necessary, especially in my situation.  I'm already seeing a Perinatologist and if the test were to come back abnormal I'd just be referred to him, so I feel confident since I'm already seeing him on a monthly basis, if anything ever appears abnormal he'll pick it up anyway.

I was able to share with my doctor about this extremely horrible headache I've been having since yesterday.  I told her I've taken Tylenol and nothing is helping.  She said I could take two Tylenol at a time instead of one and she asked me I'd had any caffeine.  Usually in pregnancy you should steer clear from caffeine, so I told her I hadn't had any since a small decaf coffee out with a friend last night.  She then advised to me to have some caffeine, to my surprise.  She said it can help with headaches.  So, doctors orders today was, "Go home, take two Tylenol, drink a cup of coffee, and lay down and take a nap"....lol.

My next appt will be in 4wks. on the 17th, the day after I see my Perinatologist for the second time, so that will be a busy week.

Good Check Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment