My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

15 weeks already?!

I can't believe I'm already 15 weeks!  I'm SO thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me and my baby with safety and perfect health this pregnancy and I'm fully confident He Will contine to be with us, watching over us, every step of the way.  I'm feeling pretty good lately, at least better than I was in the first trimester.  Morning sickness still sneaks up on me from time to time, but it's slowly fading away...whew!  I'm also very relieved my heartburn hasn't been as bad either, which has opened up more opportunity for me to really eat as much as I want.  I crave just about anything that pops into my head.  The old wives' tales say: when you're pg with a girl you will crave sweets and salty foods with a boy, but I crave it all!  I have noticed I am carrying higher up and I've never carried like that before with any of my boys, which they also say is the sign of a girl.  AND the baby's HB has been very high, also a sign of a girl.  So, I'm really starting to think I may be finally having my girl!  I'm too excited and can't wait to find out!  Boy or Girl, I can't wait to cradle my baby in my arms and kiss their little lips.  I love rubbing and carressing my belly in front of Scott...haha.  He tells me, "Savor the Flavor"...lol.  But, I would Love to have more in the future, if it's Father's Will.  I just love having this little life form within me, such a miracle, I'm cherishing every minute.  I have felt baby flutters ever since about 11wks., about 1-2 times a week, so not very often and the movements are not very strong yet, feels like bubbles.  I'm sure the times of quickening will be increasing now that I'm into my 15th wk and I'm so looking forward to when I can feel him/her on a daily basis.  Right now my doppler brings me comfort that baby is doing well and my ever growing bump.
I have some very exciting days coming up in Jan.  Jan. 15th my good friend, Misty is having her baby shower, she's due with her first little boy in March.  Then, the next day on the 16th is my 2nd visit with the Perinatologist, I'll be 18wks so we WILL be finding out if our little baby is a He or a She!!  Of course, Scott and the boys will be with me AND my mom and stepdad are planning on coming into town too, I couldn't be happier!!  I have some cute ideas for announcement pics for the gender.  Then the following day, the 17th, I have my 4th Prenatal appt with Dr. Allison.  I'm not sure if she's going to want to do her own Anatomy scan or just go off of Dr. Miller's, so I'm not sure how that appt will go.  So, I have some fun and exciting times coming up!: My Birthday, my son's birthday, baby showers, Dr. appts, weddings, family visits...yay! 
Unbenouced to anyone else I'm already planning my own baby shower, because I'm gonna need one!  I've been making out my guest list and I may start looking into locations.  I'm pretty sure my mom will be willing to help/head this up with the help of some of my friends.  So, it won't be a surprise, but I don't care, I need to prepare.

This is how baby is doing now.....
How your baby's growing:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

No comments:

Post a Comment