My Rainbow is thiiiissss BIG...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

38 weeks here!

Today I am 38wks and 5 days!  In just 2 days at 39wks, I'll be holding my Rainbow!  Words can not describe how THANKFUL I am to be at this point in my life! 

As the day draws closer and closer the reality of it all grows and so does my mixed bag of emotions.  I've been working hard to combat the negative ones, such as the fears, worries, and anxieties that arise when I think of the surgery and all that it implies.  But, my peace, comfort, and joy take over when I focus on seeing my precious boy's face for the first time, hearing that first cry, and feeling his little body pressed up against mine.  So, I will attempt to stay in that frame of mind as I go through the next 48 or so hrs.  These are my hopes and prayers for what lies ahead:

1. I will remain at peace at all times, no matter what.
2.  The painful parts won't seem so painful and will pass quickly.
3.  Jett will be fully ready to greet the world, perfectly healthy, with no issues whatsoever and his delivery will go smoothly and without complication.
4.  The cyst on my right ovary will be a normal, fluid-filled, non-cancerous one.  The doctor will have no troubles removing it from my ovary and the ovary will stay perfectly intact and remain fully functional, not having been affected by the cyst in any way.
5.  My surgery will be an overall success that will be handled quickly and efficiently, in which I will recover well and speedy.
6.  Jett and I will be reunited after surgery ASAP and will have no issues with bonding/feeding.
7.  Me, Jett and my family will have a wonderful and pleasant experience during our duration at the hospital and only be met with kind, supportive medical staff and comfortable facilities.
8.  Our Birth plan will be enforced and respected and circumcision will be as painless as possible and done to perfection.

I had my last two Prenatal Appts this week:

My u/s with the Perinatologist went well.  Jett still measuring and growing perfectly, with an estimated weight of 7lbs 7oz (@38w3d).  Me and the boys will miss seeing good ole Dr. Miller, he surely is a character. I am relived my experience with him has been a great one and he's interventions were never needed.  It was a blessing and comfort to have had the opportunity to see Jett on u/s as often as we did and I'm glad I got to experience that with my boys.

My last check-up with Dr. Allison also went well, quick as usual.  Measurements great, HB strong and cervix still very closed and high (no change there).  Next time I will see her is early Friday morning in the OR.

I have truly cherished every second of this pregnancy, the exciting moments: hearing the HB for the first time, sharing my joyous news with family and friends, feeling his first flutters, watching my belly grow and celebrating every milestone of my little one as he was so perfectly formed within me. I knew my journey would go by quickly and it has.  Thank YHWH, my journey has been a blessed and perfect one!  Just 18mths ago I was mourning the loss of my 5th pregnancy and 2nd angel and wondering if I would ever feel life fill my uterus again.  This Beautiful Rainbow that will shine brightly for all the world to see in a matter of hours is the answer to my freverant prayers.  My dear son, Jett Joseph, mommy, daddy, brothers, and many family & friends can not wait to meet you~





How your baby's growing:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment